Thursday, March 29, 2007

dullsville


My winter holidays were spent in the Mojave.
An open desert of odd sorts.

After a week of camping at the remote hot springs near Death Valley, I ventured toward some civilization. Ridgecrest CA, for a quick oil change & gasoline, plus a real restaurant meal. Upon New Years Eve I found myself stumbling into familiar territory, that which had changed little in a decade. In Randsburg, a living ghost town, I visited with the innkeepers at the bnb, I enjoyed spirits w/ the OHV crowds at The Joint (Olga is still alive). Later I visited a BBQ bonfire campout 5 miles off the highway 395 with families, dogs & teenagers (8 RV/toy-boxes in all, from the OC). The last day I met local aviators, who all owned Isuzus. Watching fireworks in the desert distance ended my 2006 nicely, overlooking the historic brothel.

My life is never dull.